Sunday, April 18, 2010

Giving Up

Been thinking about this for a while and am going to give up poker. I don't enjoy it anymore. I play and get tilted too easily and can't win consistantly. I feel I miss out so much on normal life as the idea is always there that I can win big or win x amount of money a month but the truth is i don't grind, I tilt too easily, I'm struggling to beat the low limit HUSNG so don't know what to play??

I think i'll do better spending my time doing other activities, such as going to the gym, reading or spending time with friends. Since September I've played poker quite a lot and what do I have to show for it? About $550.. that's in 7 months so I think this is it peeps...

3 comments:

John said...

There is always time for a little poker, think of them long cold winter months...

I think the key question here is 'Why do I want to play poker?'

The answer to this for me is to make money, and that spurs me on. If it is the same for you I would play a bit higher because of the small ROI that can be achieved in HUSNG's, or perhaps similar buy-in but 6, 10 or multi table SNG's to give you a better chance of getting a decent return on your investment when you are playing well. If you just play for fun then and you aren't getting that any more then maybe it is best you take a break from the game, a break usually does me the world of good.

Anonymous said...

Take your HU skillz to the short handed games mate, use the HU aggression and see what happens, I think you will find you enjoy it.

The key point, you are winning! Mixing in different games freshens it up.

ROSSI said...

$500 up in the last seven months......yes please LOL.
keep at it m8