Monday, December 29, 2008

United113 and Joppa Road Star in "The Curse of the United113 Pokerstars Account"

So last night i played in the Pokerstars sunday warm up with one of the tickets i won in the bloggers tournament.

5800 odd entered and with 2400 left (850 paid) I had around 18000 chips when this hand happened that has got me a bit wound up... I'll explain my thinking and please let me know what you think because it's really annoying me...

Blinds are 400/800 and it gets folded round to me on the small blind. I make up the big blind and the big blind thinks about it for a bit and raises to 2400. My thinking here is that the big blind thinks that i have made up the big blind as i already have 400 invested so if he raises he'll get me to fold. As he's done this i plan on making a play on the flop as i can discount him having a premium holding as i don't think he would raise pre flop in that situation with a premium hand. At this point it makes no difference to me what my cards are i'm playing what i think my opponant has but for your information i have 10 5 off.

They have me covered but only just

The flop comes A, 5, 3 Rainbow

They bet 4000 on the flop into a pot of 4400, which i expected them to do and confirmed to me what i thought they had done pre flop. If they had hit a premium hand such as trip aces then i would expect a check and slow play with only 2 left in the hand. Even though i had made 2nd pair it didn't really have a big effect on what i was going to do with the situation i thought i was in..

I pushed with my remaining 15,600 or so.

Now with a a, 5, 3 flop there are so many hands i think they have to fold now, as i said i'd taken into consideration that they would be virtually all in so it was a decision for their tournament. I think they have to fold JJ,QQ,KK even is this situation, although i didn't believe them to have that.

They CALL......

Now here if they flip 33 or 55 or AA or i've read it wrong and fucked up then fine, but when they turn over K3 off i really can't believe it. I should be happy as i'm ahead and the hand has been played exactly they way i thought it had and they should have folded to the push with me picking up a nice pot but no...

King falls on the river and i'm eliminated.

How can you look at king 3 with that push and think it's good? It really makes no sense to me at all. What can you think you are beating??? There are so many hands that you are losinbg to, there's not much that you think you can beat!!! The other things that amazes me is that this is a $215 entry tournament thats once a week. It's not some freerole or $1 MTT or STT you can join again if you make a mistake..

Seriously can someone please explain the K3 call to me???

I was pissed of after that so i contacted Joppa Road and asked if he wanted to play the Sunday Million last night on my account and split the winnings. Joppa then hit my curse of being the unluckiest person alive when he hit the nut straight on the turn only to get his all in called by another muppet wanting to hit a heart on the river which duly arrived knocking him out after he was threatening to cash...

I have some advice, if you are ever on pokerstars and see a player called United113 playing and he goes all in pre flop, call with any holding as that seems to be a sure fire way to win the hand...


EDIT - Just been knocked out of a $1 rebuy on Ipoker. 60 left out of 740 and i'm 4th in chips and get dealt KK, tournament leader who is hyper aggressive goes all in and i call to get beaten by J8off. What the fuck is going on??????? I win that hand i have double the next person in chips and am in a great position for the $630 1st prize. But no i get $9 for 3 hours work. What the fuck is going on seriously??? I'm not going to play poker anymore it's fucking bollocks, this happens EVERY time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like ur life is fucked. anyone who plays on stars is a moron as it is so rigged. If I were you id jump in front of a train

United113 said...

you ever tried finding a train in norfolk?!?!

pokershow said...

Your thinking as expplained is good.The hard part is trying to find the correct player to make the move on.I do not have poker tracker,but i wonder if that helps you in finding the right candidate to make the moves on.