Sunday, March 14, 2010

Everest

hmmmmm

I really want to go on holiday somewhere inspiring and interesting. I was going to go to china, Hong Kong and Macau as said in a previous post but i've been looking today at the requirements for a visa and i think i have no chance. Alot of my mates will be off to vegas and i think i have no chance of entering the states either. I could go and visit my ex girlfriend in Melbourne and shock her and give her new boyfriend what he deserves but i don't think i'd get into australia either, and that's probably not a good idea anyway!!

Thinking about trekking to base camp at Everest. I was looking at Kilimanjaro but that's actually quite expensive. Plan now is to go November time and the trek for 18days costs £995 and say £600 for flights so i need £1600. Will have april, may, june, july, august, september pay days so really need to save £250 a month which will be hard but achievable. Add to that the £400 i have in poker accounts, if i can BREAK EVEN over the next 6 months then that will help me pay for a bit and, heaven forbid, i actually win some then all the better.

2 comments:

John said...

'if i can BREAK EVEN over the next 6 months'

Nothing like a bit of optimism!

Dan Hoffman said...

Everest is cool. I did it last year and it was the best experience of my life. But I think you should go to Melbourne.