Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Up in the air...

Well i spoke to a guy i know in Spain about work there this year and he seemed to think there would be work for me if i wanted. Just before i called him however I got a call from Aviva saying I had been approved to start there and they wanted me to start on the 15th February. I don't want the job at Aviva and a season in Spain sounds good to me but I think my mum wants me to "move on" and start getting back into the whole work environment and take the job. One of the reasons i want to go to Spain weirdly is actually to play more poker. I stay with my mum at the moment and Iknow she doesn't really approve of me playing so I only play a few hours a night. I want to try and talk to her about ROI etc and that if i just played for a few more hours i can earn the same amount (maybe..) that i could earn at the near enough minimum wage job in the Aviva call centre.

If i go to Spain I would really try and increase my bankroll to a point that i can use poker as a main source of income. Now i don't know if this is possible but i believe it is and i'll give my reasons.

So far I have played 179 SNG at 3euro entry and made £91 profit. Bear in mind the entry is in euro and the profit is in £. This has taken me about a week or playing around 2 hours a day so say 14 hours. Also i know that my sample size is not big enough however I can beat this game, not to sound too arrogant but i am a better player than all those i play against. Even if i don't move up limits and stay at 3euro games, if i play 35 hours a week then i would be profiting by £227 a week + Rakeback which is about what i'd get at aviva. I have played 3, 10 and 20 euro entry games already and they are not that much more difficult. So I think if i can get the hours in at 10euro games , i will be making more on a 10% ROI then i could do from work.

Or not... But all i know is that i want to try...

1 comment:

Daly said...

take the job divert a bit into the bankroll, keep playing the games to see if you can maintain winning... eventually with profit and job earnings put into bankroll you could have bankroll to play full time?